We have two more mass junior sessions outside at Fifth Road and they will finish at 7pm due to fading light. We move to St Bart’s sports hall on 10th Oct. Indoor times are the same 6 – 7:15 (sign in at 5:50)
Online entries to this years race are now closed. If you would still like to join us at Highclere Castle on Sunday there will be entries available on the day, the price will be £16 and are cash only. We have a maximum number of entries allowed and once that number is reached on the day entries will be closed.
For anyone who didn’t receive the race instruction email, a copy of the instructions can be found here.
Newbury A.C under 15 Miriam Cooper broke one of the club’s longest standing young athletes record when competing in the 1000m race at the Havant Open at the Mountbatten Stadium, Portsmouth on Saturday.
Miriam clocked a time of 3min10.2 to knock 10.4 seconds off the record set by Sally Rees in 1980.
The current 2019 Road Running championship table (up to event 12, Newbury Parkrun) is linked below for examination/fact checking.
If there are any errors or discrepancies on this table, please respond to Conor McGrory (email@example.com) with:
- Details of the error and correction required.
- Details of your race/time that require correction/insertion.
- A URL for verifying your results.
At present, the following athletes lead their respective tables:
Senior Male: James Knight (99 points) with James Craggs close behind at 97 points.
Senior Female: Emily Craggs (39 points).
Veteran Male: Wayne Lillis (99 points) with Nige Poppelwell and Mike Sheridan in joint 2nd with 79 points each.
Veteran Female: Liz Harkness (60 points).
A great turn out for the club at the latest round of the road league championship at Newbury parkrun this morning. Continue reading
Can any parents/carers help at Fifth Road tonight please from 5:50 – 7:15? The junior sessions can only run if we have the right number of helpers.
The previous volunteer rota has now ended and E-J is setting up a new one. Please can you sign up when you drop your young athlete tonight.
This Thursday (12th September) Karen’s middle distance interval training session and the road run will move to Newbury rugby club from 7pm.
The road run will be Route 1 – Racecourse. Details of the route and a schedule can be found here.
Tomorrow nights training session will be the last track session for Andy Tuttles middle distance intervals at CCAT for the year.
From Tuesday 17th September, the sessions will be held at Henwick worthy playing fields, RG18 3BU from 7pm.
This year’s Highclere Castle 10k is on the 22nd September, junior race starts 10.05am, senior race 10.30am. Please get in touch if you are able to help out on the day, there are a number of roles:
- Course marshal; directing runners around the course. Some positions may be far away from the start/finish area, please let us know if you have a bike to get to some of these positions
- Car park marshal; direct cars prior to the races – you can also run the race with this role
- Pre/post race volunteers in the start/finish area; handing out numbers/mementos – pre-race roles allow you to run the race as well.
Please let Becky Elsmere know if you are able to help
As in previous years, we will be having a cake stall (50p per portion), any and all cakes will be appreciated, and in Bake Off style, we’ll have a prize for the best cake! We will need a couple of people to run the stall too.
The juniors, with 1 senior/parent per team competed in a short relay competition over 400m using inflatable bananas for relay batons.
The winning teams were:-
- Race 1 – Green Knights – Matt Green, Lincoln Williams & Rupert Knight
- Race 2 – Chez Burger – Fin Hanham and TBC (apologies but the sheet with the rest of the names on wasn’t available, please let me know if you were on the team)
- Race 3 – Grass – Mawgan Bird, Aston Howse & Will