As the club celebrates its 70th anniversary, we have launched a major project to re-build the pavilion at Fifth Road. This exciting new facility will provide modern, comfortable changing facilities, an activity area for indoor training sessions and space for social gatherings and meetings. Preliminary drawings can be viewed here: Floor plan, Elevations, Site Plan.
Our fund-raising target is now £42,500
We have set up a ‘buy a baton’ scheme where a donation of a minimum of £70 (to match our 70th year) will result in a gold baton being hung in your name in the new clubhouse. Any smaller donations you feel you can make will also be very gratefully received and acknowledged on a purpose-built notice board.
The cost of this building project, including the demolition of the current “hut”, is estimated at £320,000 (including fees & contingency). A great start has been made already with £275,500 already secured: £75K from a Sport England grant; £80K from current club funds; £2K from Englefield Charitable Trust; £0.5K from Newbury District Council and £120,00 matched funding through the Greenham Common Trust via their newly launched Good Exchange facility.
Latest Project Status – updated 9 November 2016
- Planning application submitted on 8th November.
- The lease of the land from St Bartholomew’s school will be completed at the same time as the building.
- We have received quotations from three companies for the building work and are very close to appointing a contractor.
- New club-house will be positioned so as to allow ongoing use of existing building during construction.
- Charitable status allows us to claim gift aid on donations – please remember to use this option when donating – if you are a UK tax-payer.
Volunteer your expertise / time
- Do you work for or have contacts with a company that might be interested in providing some funds in return for publicity?
- Do you work for or have contacts with a company that will provide matched funding for any monies you (or our members) personally raise?
- Do you work for or have contacts with a company that might be interested in tendering or providing materials for any part of the building works that could bring our costs down? (including demolition/removal of old building, plumbing, heating, electrical fittings, decoration etc.)
- Would you be willing to join / head-up a small group that could be in charge of progressing the fundraising ideas &/or the project as a whole?
Please do get back to us with your suggestions / offers. This project needs the support of all our members if it is to succeed.