The majority of the 2019/2020 XC season fixtures are now confirmed and can be found here. Please add them to your diary.
We had a hugely successful league season with a great turn out for all fixtures last year and it would be great have that again.
Phil Marshall & E-J Bailey will automatically enter anyone who ran an Oxford Mail league race last year into the 2019/20 league.
They will also enter anyone that they have spoken directly to already, but if there is anyone who is new or returning to cross country and wants to race (it’s free for all competing members) , please let them know.
Karen’s Sunday morning hill sessions will recommence this Sunday from 9:30 at Northcroft
Solent half marathon
Laura Buchanan finished in 85th position (9th female) with a new PB of 1:32:48
New Swindon Half maratahon
Andy Ind finished in 6th position and 2nd M40 with a new PB of 1:16:32
Several members ran in the senior 10km and junior 2km race. Tobias Allen in his first 10km was 1st finisher overall. The results can be found here.
Online entries to this years race are now closed. If you would still like to join us at Highclere Castle on Sunday there will be entries available on the day, the price will be £16 and are cash only. We have a maximum number of entries allowed and once that number is reached on the day entries will be closed.
For anyone who didn’t receive the race instruction email, a copy of the instructions can be found here.
This Thursday (12th September) Karen’s middle distance interval training session and the road run will move to Newbury rugby club from 7pm.
The road run will be Route 1 – Racecourse. Details of the route and a schedule can be found here.
Tomorrow nights training session will be the last track session for Andy Tuttles middle distance intervals at CCAT for the year.
From Tuesday 17th September, the sessions will be held at Henwick worthy playing fields, RG18 3BU from 7pm.
This year’s Highclere Castle 10k is on the 22nd September, junior race starts 10.05am, senior race 10.30am. Please get in touch if you are able to help out on the day, there are a number of roles:
- Course marshal; directing runners around the course. Some positions may be far away from the start/finish area, please let us know if you have a bike to get to some of these positions
- Car park marshal; direct cars prior to the races – you can also run the race with this role
- Pre/post race volunteers in the start/finish area; handing out numbers/mementos – pre-race roles allow you to run the race as well.
Please let Becky Elsmere know if you are able to help
As in previous years, we will be having a cake stall (50p per portion), any and all cakes will be appreciated, and in Bake Off style, we’ll have a prize for the best cake! We will need a couple of people to run the stall too.
Please note that on Thursday 29th August there will be no regular training due to the fun club championships at CCAT. Events start from 17:45 with senior members welcome to arrive when they can throughout the night.
On Saturday 31st August the club is helping promote the Highclere 10km event by taking over the volunteer roster at Newbury Parkrun. Jeff currently has a full roster, but if anyone else can help on the day please let him know.
Andy Ind was the overall winner of the race, finishing 1 minute ahead of the nearest challenger in 2:21:09. Jenny Eaton was 3rd in the V50 category in 3:07:24.
As previously mentioned planning is underway for the 2019 fun club championship to be held on the 29th August at CCAT.
The evening will start from 17:30 for all juniors/parents and any adult members that can attend. In a similar format to last year adult members can arrive later for additional events.
Further details and a timetable can be found below. Please note full details of the events/prizes will be announced on the night.
- 17:30-17:45 – Juniors arrive / registration for short relays. All adult members are welcome too
- 17:45-18:15 – Short relays, hosted by EJ and Gemma. Allocation of teams on the night. Hopefully 1 senior member / parent per team
- 18:15-19:00 – Field events, hosted by Craig, Ryan, Matt & Bob. All seniors and juniors welcome. Rotation between 4 events – Shot, Welly Wanging, Standing Long and Standing Triple jumps.
- 18:30-19:00 – Seniors arrive / registration for long handicap relay. Additional car parking can be found on the common.
- 19:00-19:30 – Long handicap relay, hosted by Mike and Andy. Allocation of teams on the night. The format will change from last year to accommodate juniors/non-runners.
- 19:30 – Pizzas, sandwiches and soft drinks
We look forward to seeing you all on the night & to help with planning, please either say you are going on the Facebook event and/or let me know by email/at training.