Following yesterday’s London Marathon, the Dave Clark Marathon shield is presented to the NAC member(s) who deliver an exceptionally high performance or performs over and above what is routinely expected of a club member.
Following a successful conclusion to the 2019 London Marathon, the Dave Clark Marathon shield 2019 is jointly presented to: Mr Ian Coxhead and Mr Tony Douglas.
For more years than Ian and Tony can probably remember, they have been the dependable duo who have organised and delivered the following London Marathon support to many club runners:
- Minibus transport from Newbury/Thatcham to the marathon registration.
- Overnight accommodation on the edge of Blackheath (a mere 300m from start pens).
- Vocal support throughout the course.
- Meeting exhausted club athletes at The Mall and ensuring they are guided back to the minibus transport safely.
- Return minibus transport from London to Newbury/Thatcham.
- Provided an exemplary trouble-free service, enabling club athletes to fully focus on their marathon efforts.
Ian and Tony have repeatedly delivered this essential service to club members year-on-year, often at their own expense and all whilst giving up a whole weekend of their own time.
For their sterling efforts, Ian and Tony are presented with the Dave Clark Marathon shield for 2019. On behalf of every member of NAC, we thank them for their superb and enduring level of support throughout many years of London Marathon success.