Berkshire Schools – 8th June
Plenty of our junior athletes were representing their schools at Palmer Park. Medal winners include:
- Gold for Maisie Jeger in the U17 300m hurdles with a PB time of 46.58s.
- Gold for Trinity O’Connor in the U20 pole vault with a PB clearance of 3.30m.
- Gold for Phoebe Ryder in the U15 long jump with a PB jump of 4.77m.
- Gold for Charlotte Payne in the U20 hammer with a championship record throw of 60.35m.
- Silver and bronze in the U20 100m hurdles for Bo Stewart and Lilly Gohara, both running PB times of 17.41s and 17.48s respectively.
- Silver and bronze for Kitty Shepard-Cross and Emma Downie in the U20 1500m.
- Silver for Ben Newman in the U17 long jump.
Midland Masters, Nuneaton – 9th June
Craig Beecham defied his age to run a PB of 25.07s in the 200m to win his heat. Craig added to this by winning his 100m heat, and coming second in the long jump.
Watford BMC – 12th June
Harry Russell lowered his PB by over a second in the 800m, running 1:50.34 to finish 3rd in the men’s A race. This performance makes him the second fastest Newbury AC athlete of all time over two laps.
Oxford Open – 19th June
Six Newbury athletes travelled up the A34 for the thirdOxford open meet of the season. Thea Osbourne stepped up the distance to run an 800m, where both she and Clementine Barry ran PBs. Gabby Stewart-Power and Mike Robbins both finished strongly to record season’s best times in the same event.
Max Read and Dwayne Stewart-Power both tackled the 1500m, with Dwayne lowering his own V55 club record to 5:31.52.
Watford BMC – 29th June
Izzy Fry’s last race before going to the Under 20 European Championships in Sweden later in July. Izzy has now taken the Under 20 3000m club record from 10.07 down to 9.34.
Izzy took another 10 seconds of her best time for 3000m with a lovely paced run in the BMC meeting held at Watford on Saturday evening.
Running in the A selection race Izzy run the first lap right at the back as the race got off to a blistering start. After a few laps Izzy began to work her way through the field, going from 15th to finish 6th with another new Under 20 Newbury A,C club record. Izzy is currently ranked 6th in the UK for Under 20 3000m, and 2nd for the 5000m the distance she will race for Great Britain in Sweden at the Under 20 European Championships in July.
British Masters Combined Events Championships – 29th/30th June
Ryan Hill made the long trip to Hull to make his debut in the decathlon. Unfortunately during the first of the 10 events Ryan pulled his calf 50m into the 100m, but he still managed to achieve PB’s in some of the events and broke the club V35 record in the long jump.