Entries are now open at The entry hub.
There will be no entries on the day they will close on Tuesday 22nd May 2018 or when full.
About the Roc Newbury 10K Supported by The Good Exchange
2018 will be the 11th year of the Newbury 10K (previously the Bayer Newbury 10K), a town based multi-terrain race, with two shorter races for under 16’s. To be run under UK Athletics License ID: 2018-30320
All races start and finish in the historic Newbury town centre market place, West Berkshire.
Race Programme & Information for entrants
· Good luck to everyone running at Roc Newbury 10 K supported by the Good Exchange
· The Race program 2018 is available here.
· RESULTS – Your results will be available at http://www.chiptimingresults.co.uk/Results.aspx?CId=61&RId=307&EId=2 as soon as possible after the race
· If you have any queries please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
· NUMBERS – If you registered before the 11th May you should receive your race pack in the post, if it does not turn up please email us a few days before the race and we will allocate you a new number for collection on the day. If you entered on or after Friday 11th May please collect your race number from HQ in the Waterside Youth and Community Centre after 8:30am on the race morning, directions are in the race program, make sure you allow enough time to get to the race start.
· We would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the race and volunteered so far and if there is anyone who is interested in marshalling or helping out at the race please let us know by email: email@example.com.
Remains unchanged for 2018, The Roc Newbury 10K Supported by The Good Exchange will start and finish in Newbury town centre. A gentle climb for the first 3km is followed by a short descent and the rest of the course is flat. Approximately 7km of the course is on the road with the remainder on footpaths and the tow path alongside the canal. Course Map
Two shorter races for U16s will take place before the 10K on a flat course in the town centre on closed roads. Course Map
We would like to thank in advance residents and businesses on the course for their patience during the race. The town’s support for this community event is much appreciated by the organisers, runners and charities alike. Our aim is to keep disruption to a minimum – Please follow this link for details of road closures.
Newbury Athletic Club would like to express their thanks to Roc Technologies and The Good Exchange for their generous sponsorship of the race, enabling race proceeds to be donated to charity. Newbury Athletic Club, Roc Technologies and The Good Exchange would also like to thank the following organisations and people listed for their help in making the Roc Newbury 10K supported by the Good Exchange possible:
Sir Richard Sutton Estates Limited (Benham Estate), Adrian & Jo, Speen House, West Berkshire Council, Newbury Town Council, John Hoare – Race Adjudicator, Richard Whybrow – Race Referee, Newbury Corn Exchange, Parkway Shopping Centre, The Canal & River Trust, Sainsbury’s, Fizz Catering Equipment Hire, Exonar, Volkers Highways, Fyffes, Nuffield Health, Dove Farm Foods, Newbury Bid and the many volunteer helpers/marshals.
It has been agreed with the 2 sponsors that in 2018, any proceeds from race entries (in excess of race costs), will be split between Newbury AC and PALS West Berkshire. PALS West Berkshire is a local charity that supports children and young people with physical disabilities, offering them a wide range of social and leisure activities after school and at weekends in term time, and throughout the week during the school holidays.
Roc Newbury 10K supported by The Good Exchange – Distance: 10km multi-terrain
- For ages 16 and over
- Start time: 10.00am
- Entry fee: Unaffiliated – £15 plus a £1.55 race entry website administration fee; UKA affiliated £13 plus a £1.55 race entry website administration fee
Pre 10K run for ages 5 – 11 years – Approximate distance: 0.9km
- A run prior to the Roc Newbury 10K Supported by The Good Exchange for ages 5-11 (in school years 6 or below.)
- Start time: 09.10
- Entry fee £3 plus £1 race entry website administration fee
- Any adult wishing to accompany a child in this race may do so without a race number (i.e. do not need to enter separately)
Pre 10K run for under 16s – Approximate distance: 1.5km
- A run prior to the 10k for ages 10-15. Start time: 09.20am
- Entry fee £3 plus a £1 race entry website administration fee
Please be aware that:
1. There will be photographers at the event and race participants may see their pictures being used in race publicity after the event
2. No headphones will be allowed
3. Race entrants agree to abide to the terms & conditions of the race (please click here to view Ts and Cs)
Any queries about the races can be emailed to Andy McKendrick at firstname.lastname@example.org
Message to members of Newbury AC
To put on this event and benefit from a share of the race entry proceeds, we require the support of all our members. If you would like to run on the day please could you also nominate someone to help on the day (the hardest task is finding enough marshals).
There are also a large number of tasks (small and big) which can be completed by those who also want to run.
Every year, the proceeds from race entries raise much needed funds for local charities and other good causes which have previously included Sail 4 Cancer, The Newbury and District MS Society, Swings and Smiles, The Volunteer Centre West Berkshire, Naomi House and Jacksplace and Newbury Athletic Club. In 2017, over £13,375 was raised and split between Naomi House and Newbury AC.
Congratulations to all the finishers in the 2017 edition of the Bayer Newbury 10K, we hope everyone had fun, you can find your results here. Photos of the race can be downloaded at Stuart March Photography .