The 2018 season is now underway
League winners in 2017 were: Men: Mark Vardy (Premier Division); Conor McGrory (Div. 1); Matt Green (Div 2). Women: Sue van Huyssteen (Premier Division);Philippa Cass (Div. 1). Age-graded: Mike Sheridan.
PAST DIVISIONAL WINNERS
|Year||Men's Premier||Men's - Div 1||Men's - Div 2||Women's Premier||Women's - Div 1||Age-graded|
|2016||James Craggs||Matt Pembroke||Graham Stent||Sophie Crumly||Emily Marshall||Mike Sheridan|
|2015||James Craggs||Andy McKendrick||Matt Pembroke||Sophie Crumly||Clare Quinn||Mike Sheridan|
|2014||Steve Barnes||Stephen Elsmere||Dan Reeves||Emma-Jayne Bailey||Hannah Coxhead||Geoff Anderson|
|2013||James Craggs||Michal Szczepanczyk||Nigel Popplewell||Sophie Crumly||Emma-Jayne Bailey||Geoff Anderson|
|2012||Steve Barnes||Nick Jones||Mike Robbins||Sue van Huyssteen||Jess Franklin||Geoff Anderson|
|2011||Wayne Lillis||Steve Barnes||Alex Muir||Becky Coxhead||Marie Coultas||Susie Bush|
|2010||James Craggs||Chris Pudney||Emiliano Espinar||Sue van Huyssteen||Emma Carter||Geoff Anderson|
|2009||Wayne Lillis||James Craggs||Dean Makar||Sue van Huyssteen||Becky Coxhead||Geoff Anderson|
|2008||Dave Wright||Wayne Copas||Rick Wyatt||Bev Hall||-||Geoff Anderson|
Final tables for previous years can be accessed via the links below:
Newbury AC Road Running Championship
Rules of Competition
1) All participants in the championship shall be fully paid up members of Newbury AC.
2) Participants are responsible for making their own entry arrangements. All events must be entered in the participant’s own name, competing with someone else’s number is not permitted. Events must be entered as a member of Newbury AC.
3) Juniors will be eligible to score points, but only where UK Athletics age rules permit participation in the event.
4) The official results produced by the race organisers will be used for the allocation of points. “Chip times” may be used where available for the purposes of the championship, but only “Gun times” may be used to claim a club record.
5) Participants are responsible for providing eligible times to the Road Running Captain, though these may also be obtained directly from the race organiser at his or her discretion.
6) Points are awarded for best times over selected distances throughout the year. Distances included: – 5k, 5 miles, 10k, 10 miles, Half-Marathon, 20 miles (men only) and Marathon.
7) All qualifying races must be run over an accurate course in the opinion of the Road Running Captain. Measured off-road and multi-terrain races may be used for the purposes of the league.
8) Points for the championship will be awarded as follows.
For each distance in each division.
1st Newbury AC 20 points
2nd Newbury AC 18 points
3rd Newbury AC 16 points
continuing down to
10th Newbury AC 2 points
All others after 10th Newbury AC home get 1 point
9) Three Additional points will be awarded for any improvement on the runner’s personal best (PB) time at a distance. A participant’s debut race at any distance shall not qualify for a PB time.
10) Three Additional points will be awarded for anyone breaking a club record (including veteran’s records).
11) Participants are responsible for informing the Road Running Captain when they have achieved a PB or Club Record at a particular distance.
12) In the event of a tie in either the ladies or men’s championships at the end of the season the, number of PBs shall be compared.If there is still a tie, then the championship will be awarded jointly to all athletes tying for top place.
13) Each participant will be allocated to one division within the league.
14) Promotion and relegation can be achieved between adjacent divisions at the end of the year. Promotion and relegation issues and decisions in case of a tie will be decided by the Road Running Captain.
15) A trophy shall be awarded to the winner of each division at the end of the year, which may be retained by the winner for the following year.
16) New participants in the championship will ordinarily be placed in the lowest division. In exceptional circumstances, and at the discretion of the Road Running Captain participants may enter the league in a higher division.
17) Where a participant fails to record any qualifying times during a year, they will normally be removed from the league tables for the following year. On registering a qualifying time, the participant may rejoin the league in the division below. In exceptional circumstances (injury etc), the participant may appeal to the Road Running Captain to rejoin the league in the previous division.
18) Club vests shall be worn for all qualifying events except where:
a) The participant is running for a registered charity and wearing clothes supplied by that charity.
b) The participant is wearing a county or national vest.
19) In the women’s league, only the highest scoring 5 out of 6 events will be used for the purpose of calculating the final scores. In the Men’s League, only the highest scoring 6 out of 7 events will be used for the purpose of calculating the final scores
20) Members of Newbury AC may enter the championship at any time during the year, on completing a race at a qualifying distance.